A year ago today I first saw a doctor for wheezing that had started the prior day. I was given a prescription for an inhaler, reminded to keep my asthma medications up-to-date and told to follow up with my regular doctor of things didn’t improve. And things have not improved.
A year later ‘I don’t know”:
- if it’s carcinoid
- if it’s carcinoid and something else
- if it’s something else
- if the next doctor will have the answer
- when I I’ll feel better
- if I will feel okay tomorrow
- why I have break through symptoms
- why my lab work looks okay when I feel so nasty
A year later I do know:
- God is who He says He is.
- God will do what He says He will do.
- Faith is easier said than done.
- I’m a battle weary warrior – struck down but not destroyed.
- Often, on the other side of my smile, there’s a dam of tears and if one leaks out….I’m done for, no Dutch boy’s finger in the dike gonna stop them.
- If I don’t read the Word and listen to uplifting songs, I am absolutely, totally consumed and overwhelmed. So…